- Accept: Tests if the battery can accept charge. This step prevents that charging proceeds with a defect battery.
- Bulk: Charging with maximum current until approximately 90% battery capacity.
- Absorption: Charging with declining current to maximize up to 95% battery capacity.
- Analyze: Tests if the battery can hold charge. Batteries that can not hold charge may need to be replaced.
- Completion: Final charge with reduced current.
- Maximization: Final charge with maximum voltage up to 100% battery capacity.
- Float: Maintaining the battery voltage at maximum level by providing a constant voltage charge.
- Pulse: Maintaining the battery at 95-100% capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives a pulse when necessary to keep the battery fully charged.
The MXS 5.0 offers a unique eight-step approach to battery care.
Fully automatic microprocessor controlled charger with built-in automatic temperature sensor features a unique combination of advanced charging modes and makes the new MXS 5.0 the fastest, most effective, and versatile consumer charger CTEK has ever made. Alligator clamps and eyelets included.
The MXS 5.0 features capabilities for improved charging in all weather. It is the perfect charger for the user with multiple vehicle types and higher demand battery charging and maintenance requirements. The MXS 5.0 offers features such as a special reconditioning function that restores stratified and deeply discharged batteries, unique maintenance charging, and the charging of demanding AGM batteries (i.e. Optima). The charger is splash and dustproof, designed to protect vehicle electronics and non-sparking, reverse polarity protected, and short-circuit proof. It is delivered with a 5-year warranty. It provides an outstanding charging experience!
FOR ALL TYPES OF LEAD-ACID 12V BATTERIES (WET, EFB, MF, CA/CA, AGM, AND GEL)
NOTE: External artwork updates have been made. Internally, the product remains the same.
Charges batteries up to 110AH. Maintains larger batteries up to 160AH.
Unique reconditioning mode
Built-in temperature sensing capabilities
AGM and new EFB (enhanced flooded battery) battery charging capability
8 step charging program
Completely sealed unit
Spark proof and reverse-polarity protected
clean voltage & current
Premium input and output cable with robust strain relief
Voltage: 14.4/14.7/15.8 V
Input voltage AC: 100-120VAC, 50-60Hz
Charge current: Max 4.3A
Type of charger: 8-step, fully automatic charging cycle
Type of battery: 12 V lead-acid batteries
Battery Capacity: 1.2–110 Ah, maintenance charging up to 160 Ah
Protection Rating: IP65 (splash and dust proof)
HOW TO USE:
8 STEP PROGRAM: